Brandi Brewer, Doula
Brandi Brewer, Doula
There's nothing that captures the same beauty of a new life entering
this world. It's a unique experience that is truly unparalleled to any
With three children of my own, I can relate to the fears and
joys that accompanied the three most treasured days of my life. That's
why I've decided to become a professional Doula, offering a hand to
women as they transition into motherhood. I honestly love helping
people and making mothers feel at ease during their pregnancy, birth,
and postpartum period. And I find it such a pleasure to be able to
experience the delight of a child entering the world as part of my
profession. In fact, I don't really consider it a profession — it's an
amazing gift to be able to serve women in this way. To be able to see
the way they look at their sweet newborn for the first time and bond
as mother and baby.
Currently, I live in sunny Ben Lomond, CA, where I spend my waking
hours (and sometimes sleeping hours) with my three adorable children,
supportive husband, and our dog. I'm also passionate about experiencing new places,
experimenting in the kitchen, homeschooling, and volunteering at our
local children and family centre.
Having birthed three children with three very different birthing experiences, I know first-hand the questions and concerns
that a woman experiences during her pregnancy and birthing journey. With my DONA and ECE certifications I am triply prepared for
assisting women who desire a smooth and content transition into a radiant motherhood.
I love what I do. Really. And I am so blessed to be part of so many lives. Truly, I couldn't ask for a better "job."
Photo by Paige Driscoll at Santa Cruz Birth Photography.
Pregnancy and Birthing is a very personal process, the services mentioned below are flexible and can be discussed to best serve your needs and provide you with the best birthing experience possible.
Birth Doula Services
- Courtesy visit to get to know each other and see if I am a good fit
for your family.
- Two prenatal visits (1-2 hours) in your home, where we may discuss
your birth wishes, comfort measures during labor, birthing positions,
nutrition and wellness, fears or concerns, the role of the partner or
any other areas of labor and birth that you would like support in.
- Unlimited availability through phone throughout your pregnancy and 24 hour on-call service beginning at 38 weeks.
- Continuous labor support beginning as early as you wish including
massage, positioning, verbal and emotional support for you and your
partner, music and aromatherapy (if desired), assistance with
photography or video, informational support and advocacy for your best
- Immediate postpartum support for 1-2 hours following delivery, helping
to establish breastfeeding, answer any questions or help to ease
- One to two postpartum visits in your home which can include newborn care
questions, breastfeeding support, reviewing your birth story, help
with referrals or holding the baby while you take a shower!
Postpartum Doula Services
- A visit to get to know each other and see if we are a good match.
- 1 visit in your home discuss your postpartum needs and goals before the arrival of your baby.
- "Mothering the mother" companionship, comfort and self-care support, assistance with preparing herbals sitz baths and breast compresses, infant care while you take some time for yourself.
- Breastfeeding support and information as well as referrals for professional lactation support if necessary.
- Education on infant care (bathing, changing, diapering, soothing techniques, baby wearing).
- Light meal preparation for optimal postpartum nutrition.
- Light housework (laundry, tidying, dishes).
- Sibling care and support with the integration of their wonderful new sibling or support care for siblings during the birth.
- Partner support and education.
- Errands (grocery shopping, dry cleaners, etc.).
Why hire a Birth Doula?
- More spiritually enriching birth experience
- More likely to rate their childbirth experience positively
- Less likely to have an unplanned cesarean section
- Less likely to use synthetic oxytocin to speed up labor
- Less likely to use any unwanted pain medication
Why hire a Postpartum Doula?
- Increased rates of breastfeeding success
- Less maternal exhaustion and frustration
- Greater understanding of newborn needs and behavior
- Earlier bonding due to increased confidence
- Reduced rates of maternal postpartum depression
All clients receive free access to my lending library.